It`s been some time that I have posted some articles on health and daily issues. Stress, is always around us and handling it is one of the hardest things we face in life. You cannot make your stress disappear into thin air, but you can find ways of coping up with it.Just follow these simple steps and you would find a difference
1. Talk about your problems: Holding your feelings inside, will only result in a panic. Talk to a person that is close to you and whom you trust. You will certainly feel a lot lighter after the conversation.
2. Make a change: Make as many changes in the situation causing the stress as possible. No matter how small the change is, you will feel a lot better when you put a foot in the direction of change.
3. Monitor your body: Everyone has different physical ways of calming stress. It can be anything from going for a jog, to taking deep breaths. Find which one works for you best and use it.
4. Take charge of your life: Find things you enjoy doing, and that will make you feel better about yourself. Not only will completing tasks and hobbies boost your confidence, but also, they will help you in diverting your mind from the situation that causes stress. Do not stay quiet and alone. Instead, interact with as many people as you can. Make new friends and try to catch up with the old ones.
5. Take each day at a time: If you try to handle too much at a time you will become extremely overwhelmed. Get rid of excess duties that you do not need to handle and basically just learn how to say ‘NO’ without the added pressure of guilt. Keep in mind that if you ever need help, it is more than likely that you will get help, if you simply ask for it.
6. Take a holiday: More often than not, a change in scenery is all you need to lift your mood and it can also do wonders in reducing your stress. Go on a small retreat over the weekend, even if it is on your own, I guarantee you that it will help you loosen up and to forget all your worries for a little while.
7. Create priorities in your life: it is not possible to avoid every single obligation and responsibility that you have in your life. The best way to complete these responsibilities is to make sure that the important ones are done on priority bases. Once you are done with the most important ones, the rest will be too overwhelmingly simply to handle.
8. Try helping others: Make someone else smile, this will to add to the reason for you to smile as well. Try volunteering for a charity. A small act of helping , for example helping an old lady cross the road, will not only improve how you feel about yourself but also will give you the self-confidence you probably desire.
9. Force change: If you really can’t change the world, then try bringing changes within yourself. Write a list of things about yourself that you think needs improvement and start to work on them. If you love yourself, so will everyone else.
10. Create time to socialize: interacting with new people and the old ones is good, but it needs to be done on a regular basis. Fix a date with your friends or family on which you will meet them and have a whale of a time on a regular basis. Do not be afraid to let your hair down and have a blast.
11. Discover what makes you happy: Find things that make you happy and do it often. Create realistic goals and always keep your attitude positive.
Being stressful would not only get you negatives, but also is not good for health. The situation cannot be changed, but look at it from another perspective and you may get the solution to unwind the issue causing the stress. take care and get stress free.