This is one of my articles which got published at a public essay forum website, that received the maximum number of shares. I thought this was a perfect place to share the views of my work and a good message for all my readers.
We often hear or even have felt exhausted at various points in our life. At any given time, one in five people feel unusually tired and one in ten have prolonged fatigue. Exhaustion has been blamed for countless consequences like poor performance, accidents, relational problems are a few to name. There are many reasons that result in exhaustion. If the level of getting tired is very high and you do not feel to move around, then seeking medical advice is best. If you feel tired or exhausted in moderate levels, then there are several tips that could rejuvenate you and make you feel less exhausted.
- Get some Sunshine : Have you wondered the benefits of being in the sun? being for about 15 minutes in the sun could increase your Vitamin D levels and along with Vitamin B, it fights fatigue. To avoid the warmest rays, chose to get the sunrays on you either early in the morning or later in the evening.
- Start an Exercise routine : Work out a plan that suits you best. Moderate walking for about 10-15 mins would just boost you so well that, the tendency of getting tired are less as the muscles are built and the calories burned. First start slow and gradually increase, only upto what you can take. Do not exert yourself.
- Avoid Stimulants : Having coffee, colas, tea or even smoking could stimulate you and keep you awake for longer periods. This causes uneasiness in your regular body cycle and may exhaust you. Try avoiding taking stimulants hours before going to bed. Having too much stimulants could alter your habits and is not going to help you much with that already existing headache or irritability.
- Catnap, whenever possible : When you feel to exhausted and not able to focus clearly on your activities, taking a small light nap for about 20-30 mins would soothe your anxieties and makes you feel fresh. Steal little time for yourself on a busy day, the results are great.
- Set a routine and create a comfortable environment : If you find yourself finding it difficult to fall asleep, or getting up in the middle of the night, try setting a suitable bedtime and do your chores accordingly. Similarly, the environment also plays an important role for a smooth sleep. Have a dark room and less noise around you, so that you sleep well all through night.
- Be gentle with yourself : The tendency of getting irritated is more when you are tired and you may even experience breakdowns at such times. Even though this is normal, try avoiding situations or people that trigger your anger and take a few deep breaths. It eases your nerves and reduces your anxiety.
- Eat healthy : Staying healthy means staying fit. Adding lots of fruits and veggies to your diet makes a lot of difference. Also taking in plenty of water reduces your stress levels and thus reduces exhaustion. Avoid processed, fatty and sweetened foods; they only add more to your sluggishness.
- Take a break : A break does not mean that you are stopping everything that you are doing. When work gets to hectic, go for small vacations or tours for a day or two so that it helps to relax you and rejuvenates both physically and mentally. Never carry work while holidaying. Holidaying is meant only for relaxing and being away for a short while.
- Speak out : If you feel overstressed with the work that you are doing, rather than piling up the frustration within you and stressing yourself, talk with your family or your superior , they could help you out and maybe even reduce the projects for a while, so that you get a breathing space.
- Acceptance : Accept the fact that no person is cent person perfect and hence trying to a perfectionist in all aspects and pleasing everyone that you know is practically never possible. Do what you can do and do not lend your ear for the negative remarks. People are different with different views, so trying to satisfy all would only stress you more. Accept who you are and what you can do and give your best. Just take the positives around you and be happy for yourself.
When one follows these simple steps , you could see the difference for your self. These are just the general tips that are being offered. Stress could raise for various reasons. For example, new mothers experience stress in another way. The night outs, changing diapers , office chores and house chores all put them to great stress. Offering a a helping hand and taking small breaks would definitely pep them up back. The same goes with new dads too.
Apart from these situations, even physical and psychological reasons attribute to exhaustion. Several ailments like diabetes, thyroid, and obesity all could lead to tiredness less activity. Psychological conditions like anxiety or mental disorders could also lead to being exhausted and lack of sleep.
It is our life style that gradually leads us to being exhausted. When we analyze ourselves at certain points and take the right measures to get out of the stress we are experiencing, we could energize ourselves and our families and be out of risk to a certain extent. It is true that, when one does not attain sufficient sleep, the entire body system gets affected and the outcome is really bad. Sleep is the way how our body takes rest, and if we are not able to rest properly, everything goes beyond control.
Meditating is one excellent way to get relieved of stress, strain, physical ailments and a fresh mind and body. When one feels totally lost and with no energy left, try meditating for some time daily and you could feel a magic on you is done. Get some time for yourself and enjoy the little things that you like the most.
Most important of all, love yourself abundantly and be with people and environment that vibes positive energies, the ripples on you would be great and experience every minute you have in the best possible manner, as life is a gift and we are bound to take good care of it. Enjoy life !!!!!