We all love to be fit and trim, but how many of us take the efforts to stay Fit. Now when we come to talk about staying fit, the first thought that crosses our minds are the regular visits one has to make to the gym. And again, after joining a gym, being regular, following instructions all these eventually fade away once the initial fascination is lost. The end result is dropping out and being back to the old shape. Who says exercising is all about going to a gym and spending time and money over there.? It is all about loving what you do, that gets you the results. Exercising can be fun, provided it is made creative and you enjoy in what you do. There are many day to day activities that you could do, which would help you to stay fit, without hitting a gym….. Here are a few.
1. Walking and Running – The best forms of exercise. It is absolutely free, anytime anywhere and a great cardiovascular work out walking is. If you are a beginner, start slow with just 10 mins and then gradually increase to about 30-45 mins.When you walk swing your hands and try having inclines and declines areas for best results. It is observed that about 400 calories are burnt in a day by walking 10,000 steps !!!! Always choose to walk whenever possible. Take the stairs instead of the elevators, whenever possible.Choose a calm area so that you enjoy while you walk or listen to music. The best form of exercise that is simple, yet very effective. Running is more intense and only if you are really fit should you opt as the wear and tear may be more. You could make a mix routine of both.
2. Swimming – A great form of exercise as it involves large number of muscles and has no impact while doing, thereby minimizing the chances of an injury. If you love the waters, hit the pools for a good swim it is not only the best exercise, but it also rejuvenates you for the whole day.
3. Cycling – A simple yet very effective exercise as it involves the large muscles in your legs and hence provides a great cardio work out. Choose a pal and go out cycling.It is not only an exercise you could enjoy the ride so well that you would not know how much you have cycled !!!
4. Skipping – Who said skipping is a small girls play ? One among the best exercises as it increases your heart rate and thus helps in burning up calories. Start less and then increase the jumps and you could see the results with just a 1-2 weeks.
5. Household chores – We think it is boring, but with a little twist you could change the entire feel. Did you know? Dusting for 15 minutes could burn upto 50 calories. Put a little music and dance while you work and make it more creative, this will have two effects.The house gets clean and you burn your calories….
6. Dance and Sports – If you love dancing or any sports, these are best forms of exercise as it involves lots of calorie burning and are good cardiovascular exercises.
7. Your Body is a gym – We never realize the potential that we have and the simple things that we can do at home or at work.Exercises like squats, push-ups, sit ups, jumping etc… the list is endless.
Being a little creative can make exercising more fun with the simple task that you do. the bottom line is that even if you are not the gym type, there are plenty of ways to remain fit.