All of us love munching some nuts or dry fruits. It is tasty, healthy and yummy at the same time. It does not put in that extra weight, and keeps you looking young and healthy.
Here are a few reasons as to why you should be including nuts and dry fruits in your diets to keep you fit and smart.
1. Walnuts – The walnut resembles the brain, and this one reason why many people say it is good for the brain. Did you know that, a single cup of walnuts could meet up to 90% of your brain requirements of Omega 3 , which is very much essential for brain development!!! very good for diabetic patients , as it improves the cholesterol levels. It is also good for the cardiovascular system for all.
2. Almonds – this also yet another nut that is rich in Omega 3 fatty acid that is good for brain development. It also fulfills your daily protein need when taken in the right proportion. the micro nutrients present, helps in boosting energy, clears skin and helps in strengthening hair.
3. Pistachios – This nut is one among the low calorie ones. Since it is rich in beta carotene, it helps in lowering blood pressure and good for the hair, skin and eyes. It is excellent at keeping cancer at bay. Since it is low in its glycemic index, well recommended for diabetic patients.
4. Cashews – This nut is rich in a healthy fatty acid called oleic acid which is also present in Olive oil. A very rich resource of calcium and magnesium and hence very good for bones and teeth.
5. Dates – A rich source of iron and good to keep the hemoglobin in the blood at good levels. Its natural sugar and fiber helps in satiating hunger.They are also good for the heart and protecting it against diseases.
6. Prunes – This sticky dry fruit contains 0% fat. The fiber content present in this fruit helps in the digestive system and helps in the prevention of colon cancer. they are very rich in antioxidants , which are excellent for your skin, hair and eyes.
7. Figs – A wonderful resource to heal many diseases. It prevents prostate cancer, ease pile problems when water of soaked figs are taken. Great for asthmatics and since rich in natural sugar and zero fat a good source for fulfilling sweet carvings.
8. Raisins – A very rich source of fiber and hence help to keep the digestive tract clean and helps in curing constipation. They also prevent anaemia as they are rich in iron. they also contain nutrients that is good for eyes.
Therefore having a bowl full of dry fruits or including them in your recipes or just munching them for a snack, in any matter , they give wonders for your body and keeps you healthy and away from diseases.