Aging is an inevitable phenomenon and the implication of growing old is indentured to reflect on our bodies. Our lifestyle affects the pace of aging to a great extent. In today’s scenario where people carve for junk foods, smoking, alcohol etc. such consequences are appear early leading to premature aging. This has also opened a freeway for various health ailments like cancers, diabetes, obesity, sleeplessness and others. Along with these, excess exposure to sun and stressful life has also added to premature aging. Food and exercise also plays an important factor in ageing. Cutting down your hunt for anti aging foods, here are 10 most powerful anti aging foods that helps you stay healthier and longer.
- Almonds– almonds have great tendencies to curb blood cholesterol thus decreasing the risks of high blood pressure and other heart disease. It also helps in controlling blood sugar and serves as a good source of Vitamin E which is essential for glowing skin and shinning hair. It also contains some quantities of magnesium and potassium.
- Berries– Berries like black grapes, blackberries, blueberries, blackcurrants etc. are regarded as potent antioxidants that help in protecting our bodies from the damage caused by free radicals and aging. Anti oxidants also aid in repairing tissues and cells in the body thus making it strong and young from inside as well as from outside. These also possess high levels of elagic acid that combats cancer and premature ageing.
- Avocado– Avocado is a delicious treat of monounsaturated fats that helps in lowering the bad cholesterol levels in the body thereby making it healthy. It is also a good source of Vitamin E that promotes healthy looking skin and dwindles the signs of early ageing. It also prevents hot flashes that are caused due to menopause in women. This ideal fruit for guacamole or salads is also rich in potassium that reduces high blood pressure and water retention in body.
- Garlic– Raw or cooked garlic helps in protecting our body from cancer and heart disease. It helps in reducing cholesterol which has been made known to prolong life. Along with garlic, onion also contains flavonoids and allium- two powerful constituents that help fight cancer. These foods also prevent blood clots.
- Oats- oats are rich source of dietary fiber and are loaded with antioxidants and cholesterol reducing agents. A bowl full of oats make up a nutritious breakfast each day that helps in reducing risks of various cardiovascular diseases. As your heart remains healthy, you lead a sound life without caring about your weight and cholesterol.
- Teas- Teas, especially green and white, contain quantities of antioxidants that not only improve the quality of your skin but also help in fighting diseases like cancer and certain heart related ailments. Green tea came from Chine and contains large amounts of flavonoids like catechins and its derivatives. These have powerful anti cancer effects ad free radical scavengers.
- Green vegetables– vegetables like broccoli, spinach, cabbage, tomatoes etc. are good source of antioxidants that help in purifying blood and thus make body healthy. Some of them also contain Vitamin E and C along with various minerals and salts which are necessary for sound health. Having boiled vegetables in the form of salads benefit the most and help in treat high blood pressure, cancer and heart diseases. Over cooking green vegetables may destroy their nutritional value. Fresh fruits like bananas, apple, orange etc. also improve health to a great extent and are needed to stay fit and slim.
- Beans– beans are a rich source for antioxidants and healthy protein that serves as a healthy vegetarian diet that improves the condition of your heart and arteries. Boiled beans in the form of salads tastes good and can be eaten as substitute for animal protein. Excessive spices make decrease the value of beans.
- Fish- If you are non-vegetarian and love fish, you are on the move towards great health and long life, provided it is not deep fried. Fish consist of great stores of omega- 3 fatty acids which aid in improving our brain function, balance, muscular tone and thwart certain cancers. This omega- 3 fatty acid is also found in walnut but fish is a greater source for this life enhancing constituent. Fish liver oil is also good for eyes and hair and is used in several multi-mineral medicines because of its great sound health effects.
- Yogurt– yogurt is rich in calcium that helps in building up strong bones and combats risks of osteoporosis. Also the human friendly bacteria found in live yogurt, Lactobacillus Acidophilus, restore the balance of bacteria in the gut, thereby correcting queezy stomachs. Studies prove that it is an effective treatment for yeast infection in vagina for women. Other milk products like fresh curd etc. also contain lactobacillus bacteria that improve stomach conditions and helps you stay fit and healthy for long.
There are many others foods like fresh fruits, olive oil, honey, melons, red wine etc. that result in prolong life with sound health. Though food plays a major role in improving health- around 65 percent- proper exercise, proper eating habits and a healthy lifestyle is also important. For leading a stress free life, meditation or yoga is also essential.